At Blue Line Dental, we understand the significant impact missing teeth can have on your oral health and confidence. That’s why we offer dentures and dental implants in NYC as effective tooth replacement options to restore your smile and improve your quality of life.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a popular option for missing teeth replacement, offering a long-lasting, natural-looking solution. Our experienced team can help you determine if dental implants are the right choice for you.
- Options for Missing Teeth: Dental implants are an excellent option for replacing one or more missing teeth, providing a permanent and comfortable solution.
- Tooth Replacement with Dental Implants: Dental implants consist of titanium posts placed directly into the jawbone. These posts fuse with the surrounding bone to create a strong, stable foundation for replacement teeth, such as dental crowns or bridges.
- Long-Lasting Results: Dental implants can last up to 25 years with proper care and maintenance, making them a wise investment in your oral health and satisfaction.
Our Dental Implant Placement Process: What To Expect
- Initial consultation – To begin getting a dental implant in New York City, you’ll first have an implant consultation. We will take x-rays, examine your mouth, and discuss your health history to determine whether implants are right for you. If you’re approved, we will begin developing your treatment plan and schedule you for implant placement surgery.
- Implant placement surgery – Our team begins by cleaning and numbing the treatment area at your implant placement appointment. (We also offer dental sedation with nitrous oxide for your comfort. Ask us about it!) Once the site has been prepared, we create an opening in the gum and jaw tissue and place a titanium implant into the area where your missing tooth used to be. Then, he will clean, sanitize, and suture the site and send you home.
- Recovery & follow-ups – You’ll return to our office for a few follow-ups as you heal. It takes about two weeks to recover from the initial surgery, but it will take up to six months for your implant to fully bond with your mouth. During your follow-ups, we will check on your recovery and begin crafting your permanent implant restoration, such as a dental crown.
- Final implant restoration – Once your mouth has fully healed and your final dental crown or other implant restoration arrives at our office, you’ll return for one last appointment. We will check the fit of your crown and then attach it permanently to your dental implant.
Dental Implant Aftercare
We will provide you with precise aftercare instructions to help ensure the success of your dental implant. Proper aftercare involves routine dental exams and cleanings, along with excellent oral hygiene habits at home.
Traditional Removable Dentures
If dental implants are not the right solution for you, traditional removable dentures can also be an effective option. We offer removable dentures that are custom-made to fit comfortably and securely.
- Replace Missing Teeth: Removable dentures can replace multiple missing teeth, giving you a fully functional and natural-looking smile.
- Options for Removable Dentures: We provide traditional and implant-supported removable dentures to fit your individual needs and preferences.
- Expert Fit and Function: Our team of experienced dentists and dental technicians will work together to ensure your removable dentures fit comfortably and function optimally.
Our Denture Placement Process: What To Expect
It usually takes between six weeks and three months to be fitted for a new set of dentures. Here’s an overview of the process.
- Oral exam and consultation – First, you will undergo an oral exam in our office. Partial and full dentures are a great way to restore your teeth, but they’re not the only option. You may also be a good candidate for dental bridges or dental implants. We will work with you to determine the best treatment options.
- Preparatory surgeries – If you have any unhealthy teeth that need to be extracted or other oral health issues, these may need to be treated with preparatory surgeries before you can get your dentures.
- Initial denture fitting – Next, you’ll come to our office for your initial denture fitting. We will take impressions and scans of your mouth and use them to make a model of your bite. This model is used to begin developing your dentures with the help of our partner dental lab.
- Denture try-ins – Our partner dental lab develops a set of wax test dentures and then sends them to Blue Line Dental. You’ll come to our office to try them on and see how they look and feel. Our dental team will make observations and examine your test dentures, then send them back to the lab so that they can make the necessary modifications. This process repeats until your test dentures fit perfectly.
- Get your permanent dentures – Once your denture design is finalized, your dentures are built and sent to Blue Line Dental, and you come in for one last fitting.
Your Partner in Tooth Replacement
At Blue Line Dental, we are committed to being your trusted partner in tooth replacement solutions. Our compassionate dental team in NYC will work with you to determine the best course of action for your missing teeth, always keeping your unique needs and wants in mind.
Invest in your oral health and confidence today by scheduling a consultation. Contact us today to learn more about our dental implant and denture options in Midtown Manhattan.